Posted by : Unknown Sunday, June 29, 2014



Finally! Today I've managed to finish another another anime series again and I would like to share my thoughts on it.



First Impressions

Since I'm a big fan of Square Enix, I've give this series a shot. The first 20 episodes within the series confused me. Like, what just happened? Seriously? Oz should not be allowed to exist? Why?

And since the whole plot is heavily based in "Alice in Wonderland" I wouldn't be surprised why the story turns out to be confusing.

At the beginning of the story, you will see the main character, Oz and company is playing hide and seek with their maids since Oz don't want to be caught by them for some preparation for the ceremony. The first 3 episodes end up revolving around with the coming of age Ceremony of Oz Bezarius. And with that, something confusing happened.

The later episodes gets confusing. Oz was time warped 10 years from his timeline, oblivious to the events that's been happening in his surroundings while being naïve to himself playing hero.

To sum it up, my first impressions were very disappointing. I don't understand a thing at all and I lose the grasp of the story in the first 10 episodes. But when I finished the whole series, it turns out to be fascinating and interesting, leaving you wanting for more of what happened. Those confusions from the first 10 episodes is one of the triggers that will motivate you to unravel the mysteries deeper by watching the later episodes.

The Good


Full of plot mysteries/twists

We all agree that the very strong point of the series is its surrounding mysteries and its deeper plots. This alone will motivate us in watching the series until we finished it. Why Sharon and Break didn't age one bit considering they are not residing within the Abyss, and what happened 100 years ago that the Baskervilles wanted to get rid of Oz Bezarius so badly. So on and so forth. There are so many mysteries that needs answering. Also, I've predicted its ending that in the end, Oz is just dreaming and everything that happened is just a dream, just what Alice in Alice in Wonderland experienced since the story is based on that.

Character Development

Another thing you'll surely love is the character chemistry and development. They all make the series more interesting and intriguing to watch that you will never truly be bored of the series.

The Bad

Stop that Oz. You're annoying
Unsatisfying ending

I'm sure most of the fans know this. The series is fairly short despite of the chapters left in the manga version. In short, the ending is very lacking in details. This will force you to read the manga version after finishing the Anime series instead.

Oz Bezarius is playing dumb

At first 20 episodes I guess, he acts like this that made me hate him. Most of the time, you thought he's accepts the reality but in fact he's self-pitying himself. On later episodes, I started to like his attitude after he met Elliot Nightray, he realized that he has to do something in order to become mature. I thought he's gonna act dumb that keeps pitying himself throughout the series.

I hate the fact that he's willing to sacrifice himself without knowing the current situation that's been happening around him. He doesn't know the consequences when he just mindlessly sacrifice himself.

Also, he's still trapping himself to the past which I hate.

He doesn't want to fight back given the circumstances around what's happening.


Conclusion

In the end, the series is worth watching. Within its 25 episodes, I know you'll be interested in knowing more of the plots throughout the series by reading their manga counterpart. If you're just looking forward in finishing the anime, you'll never enjoy the entire series and you're better off reading the manga.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

- Copyright © Anime opinions and critics -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -